When it comes to gambling in Canada there are many liberal provinces like Nunavut, Manitoba, Quebec, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Ontario that allow their residents to access casinos both online and land-based. This review takes a look at the NW territories and shares with you the facts on gambling in this region.
|JackpotCity||$1600 + 80 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Royal Vegas||–||Play Now|
|Spin Casino||$1000 + 50 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Playamo||$1500+ 150 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Casumo Casino||$300+50 Free Spins||Play Now|
|Betway Casino||€1000||Play Now|
|Ruby Fortune||$750||Play Now|
|All Slots||$1500||Play Now|
|888 Casino||€1500||Play Now|
Best Northwest Territories Online Casino Sites in 2022
In this guide, we discuss the top Northwest Territories online casino sites, their gaming services, banking, and responsible gambling advice for players with an interest in taking part. Now, there may not be any land-based casinos here, but you certainly are not deprived of options. Let’s take a look… above, we share with you the current top Northwest Territories online casino platforms that you are legally able to access.
These are casinos that comply with the federal and province Criminal Code, granting you access to thousands of games and real money opportunities. Here are other features guaranteed throughout the list of recommended sites sourced by Casimoose:
✅ Live dealer games
✅ Sports betting with live streaming
✅ Fast Canadian banking services
✅ Exclusive promotional bonus offers
✅ Mobile accessibility of all smartphones
Gamble Responsibly in Northwest Territories
We cannot discuss casinos and gambling without addressing the proverbial elephant in the room, gambling addiction.
Responsible gaming is a serious matter and we all need to look at the bigger picture of this matter. Gambling is not only an activity limited to adults but should be for those that are financially able to support themselves or at the very least have the capacity to self-control the habit and stop when it needs to be stopped, without straying into the dangers of heavy financial loss.
It is our role and position as a casino comparison site to put the customer first and we do this through education were possible throughout our guides and articles. Our Editor in Chief, Charlotte Fitzgerald discusses this within our company standards:
“We created Casimoose with the intention of helping players because we have been in their position. Therefore, it is only right of us to share the risks and provide valid advice that can help to educate a player away from the dangers and to help them approach online gambling in a more favorable way that preserves their spending and makes the most out of the time spent inside the casinos.
“The risks are not hidden by any of the NWT online casino platforms. Each one has to comply with the rules of promoting gambling charities. Tools are now available that allow players to set restrictive measures on their account. Limiting the time they use to play and the amounts they are able to deposit. This is something we support and mention in all our reviews because it is absolutely 100% right. ”
We also pride ourselves on being able to refer our players to places that are able to assist problem gamblers and give professional advice that perhaps seek an interest:
- Northwest Territories Gambling Addiction Treatment: 1-867-920-4673
- Gamtalk: https://www.gamtalk.org/
- Toll Free Help Line: 1-800-661-0844
If you feel unnerved by this, then perhaps more time is required to think over your decision to gamble. If, however, you are prepared for any cash loss and accept the risk, then you can continue with our guide.
Enjoy Your Favorite Games in Northwest Territories
When it comes to selecting online casinos to join, yes, you can join more than one. The best place to begin looking is at the games. You need an understanding of how your time will be spent and what games will help you to achieve financial success. If you are new to casinos, then you can approach this with a more clear mind than most.
The best advice would be to practice on our free casino games that are demos of the real thing. You won’t win cash on them, but they play the same, so you get a good understanding of which games are more profitable when wagering than others.
Here is a rundown of the games that are available throughout many of the best Northwest Territories Online Casino sites found here at Casimoose.
- Slots - Online video slots are the most commonly played game of all features inside any Canadian casino. Slots are plentiful and diverse gaming options that also payout the biggest prizes of any casino game.
- Blackjack - This card game provides players with the fairest house edge of any casino game. With blackjack, the odds of winning are almost 50/50, with the difference of 1.48% being in favor of the casino. Play this live or play as a digital game.
- Roulette - This is a unique table game that is like no other. Roulette is simple to play in that you only need predict where the ball will land. The betting options are plentiful and a single number win returns a payout of 35 to 1! Roulette is available live and in digital form.
- Poker - This is another famous card game that offers up tournament action with other players from around the world. Poker incorporates skill and can provide a number of variants like Texas Hold’Em and digital variant video poker.
- Baccarat - If you remove all the top cards from 10 to King, you get the game of Baccarat. This easy-to-play game was once the game of choice for those of nobility, now it’s a free for all online and you can play this niche card game live with a real-time dealer or as a solo digital game.
- Bingo - If you can get out to the Kensington Bingo Hall or the Caesar’s Bingo in Edmonton, then online is the only way to be sure of getting your bingo game all day and every day. You can access live bingo rooms and play against other players and friends, should you not wish to play the available digitalized games.
- Lotto - There are other lotto games out there that include the international lottery games, scratch cards and you also have keno. So, all your lotto ticket games are accessible online rather than having to go out and get them.
- Sportsbook - Online sports betting is as popular a platform you are going to find online. Ice hockey, basketball, golf, motorsport, football, basketball, MMA, and so much more are available, from every league to every country. Global sports are accessible 24/7 and you get live streaming, stats, commentary, in-play odds, diverse markets, and even cashout options.
You can access all these games from any device, the most popular is mobile gaming. If you have Android, iOS, and/or Windows, then you can access the top games any time you like and play instantly on the go.
There are also numerous bonus offers available to help you play the mix of games available. They provide free spins and cash credit. Should you opt to use a bonus, please read all the terms and conditions before investing in the offer.
The benefit of joining these casinos, is that you are able to access award-winning development from companies like Net Entertainment, Microgaming, Elk Studio, Playtech, and many others to bet with.
Live Casino Gaming in Northwest Territories
So, what is a live casino? Well, to simply put it, it is a live casino platform that provides a live streaming service that broadcasts games played in real-time, hosted by live dealers.
This opens up a world of immersive gaming that allows you to communicate and play with other members. Your gaming choices cover all the classic card and table games. The whole service works on a different gaming server produced by Evolution Gaming.
Here is a rundown of the games available:
- Live Blackjack
- Live Poker
- Live Baccarat
- Live Roulette
- Live Gameshows
Northwest Territories Banking Options Accepted by Online Casinos
When looking to join a casino, banking may not seem to be an important factor, but you should not assume that all casinos work the same, they do not.
Banks and casinos have agreements in place on the type of service provided. There are two simple options, offering a service to let players deposit, and the other, to let players withdraw.
Not every casino has a two-way service that makes banking far simpler. Unfortunately, there are some sites that only allow you to deposit with a service but not withdraw. It really is a mixture that needs your attention. Please refer to our casino reviews to get a better idea of what each casino is able to off.
Payment methods are numerous with the traditional Visa and MasterCard available, then you have vouchers like Paysafecard and e-wallets Skrill and Neteller. There are other alternatives and for players in Canada, these four are currently the trending options:
- Interac - A Canadian built banking service that offers security and debit banking functions.
- Bitcoin - Cryptocurrency options are available as bitcoin becomes the most prominent. With it you get 100% security and anonymity, plus gaming perks other currencies can’t provide.
- eCheck - This is electronical bank to bank payment that works like a paper cheque but save a few trees in the process by going online.
- PayPal - The most common internet payment service. Impeccable security and transfers payments with no personal data.
Gambling Laws and Regulations
A Brief History of Northwest Territories Casinos and its Gambling Laws:
- The laws in Canada in 1892 made betting illegal and this all changed in 1910 allowing some forms of gambling to take place for charity.
- In 1970, power shifted from Federal to the province, giving provincial governments the power to regulate their laws with regards to gambling.
- Although gambling is allowed in the Northwest Territories, there has yet to be a single casino built..
Northwest Territories Laws 2022
The laws that are put upon the Northwest Territories are no different from any other province. Once the Federal government of Canada passed over control of the laws with regards to casinos and gambling, new laws could be made for the residents.
In the Northwest Territories, gambling was never outright banned, they just never built casinos. There are still charitable events that take place and this is why regulations and management are looked after by the MACA.
Northwest Territories Online Gambling Regulator
The affairs of gambling are looked after by the Department of Municipal and Community Affairs (MACA). Their role is to regulate any charity even and license the services within the region. They look after raffles, bingo, lotteries and any slot machine terminals that are used by any establishment.
All 16 communities from Aklavik to Yellowknife all under their jurisdiction.
Top Rated Land-Based Casinos in Northwest Territories
Despite having no ban on gambling, this province just didn’t bother to build any casinos. There are no establishments controlled by the government or on first nations land. Players are only left with having to play online casino games within offshore casinos. Given the popularity of online casino gaming, it is very unlikely that casinos will be built in the future.
Enjoy Online Casinos and Gambling in Northwest Territories
Gambling is a feast of fun; the online pleasures are plentiful and there are an abundance of opportunity available to all. But there needs to be a calm approach when gaming in any form, online or offline. Take the time to learn and study the games. There are right ways of playing casino games and wrong ways. Money is always there to be won on a daily basis. Time spent educating yourself with the facts and understanding will pay off in the long-run.
Take your time to learn games, learn about developers, assess where the benefits are and then make your decisions. There are many exclusive casino bonuses out there and many players will opt for the biggest thinking it’s the best one. A closer inspection of the terms will reveal their true value and just these bits of awareness will add to your knowledge of the gambling service as a whole.
Playing in offshore casinos is a common thing for all players around the world. It presents no security risk as all casinos found at Casimoose are licensed and regulated by reputable governing bodies. If you can play in Canadian dollars, you can win it back also. Plus, the CRA doesn’t need to be informed of any winnings, so no matter how grand the prizes are that you win, what’s yours is yours and not the taxmans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Online Casinos Legal in Northwest Territories?
Yes. the criminal code does not ban NWT players from accessing foreign online casinos. The province took on the power to regulate the industry and despite never building their own string of casinos, the law was never updated to accommodate online services. Players are 100% legal when it comes to overseas casinos, it benefits them on the tax front and it is the only option because federal law bans remote development of casino sites. Canadian businesses lose out, foreign ones prosper. It’s a weird law but common all over the world.
Is it Safe to Gamble from Northwest Territories?
Yes. Even though all the casinos are overseas, they are controlled and looked after. Your time and money are safe within these casinos, like any other online business, not everything can be offered from within Canada. The casinos all hold a license from either the Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission or the Curacao eGaming Authority. They are also independently test to certify they are safe and fair to use.
What is the Online Casino Legal Age?
You must 19 and over to take part in any gambling activity online. If you register to join a NWT online casino, you will have to send them a photo of your ID and a copy of your address from a bill or statement. This is all part of the Know Your Customer registration process. These are provided with full name, sex, age, address, email, username, password, and contact number. If you are not of legal age, it will be discovered, and players will be banned.
Do you pay Taxes on Winnings?
No, there are no requirements for a player to claim tax on winnings. No matter how big you win, what is yours is yours to keep, all 100% of it. Only professional gamblers with no other income must notify the Canada Revenue Agency.
Who is the Gambling Regulator?
The affairs of gambling are looked after by the Department of Municipal and Community Affairs (MACA). Their role is to regulate any charity even and license the services within the region. They look after raffles, bingo, lotteries and any slot machine terminals that are used by any establishment across any city. All 16 Northwest Territory communities from Aklavik to Yellowknife all under their jurisdiction.
Which Payment Methods are Accepted?
There are many different payments that are accepted across all the top NWT online casino platforms. They include Skrill and Neteller, two popular e-wallets. There is also Paysafecard which is a pre-paid voucher, and you have Visa and MasterCard. There are other alternative payment methods available, here are four of the top trending services that can be used.
Can I find First Nations Gaming Properties in Northwest Territories?
No, there are no First Nation casinos in the Northwest Territories.